I have been somewhat remiss in replying to a wonderful privilege awarded to me by my new blogger friend Christine from Writing from Scotland. She has graciously nominated my blog for a Stylish Blogger Award.
In order to pass this lovely thought on, the rules are that I need to tell you 7 things about myself and then I will also nominate some of my favorite blogs for the award (I have heard 7, I have heard 5 … I am going to go with 7, as that is what Christine did). So, that means if I nominate your blog, if you like, you can the same and so on and so on. (I apologize if I am over-doing the explaining here; I just had a little trouble getting my head around it at first, so the instructions are for those of you who are like me 🙂 ).
1. i love anything citrusy .. in color or smell.
2. some of my favorite authors are John Grisham, Ian Rankin, Maeve Binchey and Rosamunde Pilcher.
3. one of my best memories of being in Scotland was going to Pitlochry Theatre with my friends to watch Rosamunde Pilcher’s “Shell Seekers”.
4. i am not too fond of hot weather. don’t mind some sun but don’t like extreme heat and i LOVE the wind.
5. i am very fond of the ocean. i also enjoy being on a ferry and living on an island.
6. a couple of things i think i would enjoy if i actually did them are gardening and artwork. getting started is the hardest part.
7. i like pottery.
Now, this is a little tricky and i need to put a disclaimer that i think all my friends who write blogs are great but i can only pick 7. so here goes, my nominations for the Stylish Blogger Award are ~
1. Pebble Heart ~ a stay-at-home mum who makes the most amazing crafts.
2. Plaisir Shop – a delightful shop in Biggar, Lanarkshire.
3. The wind and the wellies ~ a fun blog about living in the Orkneys.
4. Scotland and Stitching ~ one of my favorite Dutch ladies who shares my love for Scotland.
5. The Barefoot Crofter ~ a wonderful refreshing blog with beautiful pictures.
6. Occasional Scotland ~ this blogger has a great outlook on life and a wonderful sense of humor.
7. Scotland for the Senses ~ fantastic pictures in addition to well-woven stories of her trips out and about in Scotland.
thanks, Writing from Scotland … you have been a big encouragement to me!
p.s. i should mention that i am heading off for the weekend with some friends and won’t return until Sunday so i shall check in again then. hope you have a great weekend!