If you’re thinking of taking a trip to Scotland or you just enjoy having a look back at some of the places you’ve been or maybe looking ahead to places you’d like to go, here’s a video you might enjoy.
VisitScotland has a list of upcoming clan gatherings for next year.
It’s the Year of Homecoming so it will be an exciting time to be in Scotland. It promises to be a year of events, highlighting all the best of Scotland and a chance to re-unite as clans.
Clan gatherings 2014
- AGNEW 28 – 30 June, Bannockburn, Stirlingshire
- ARMSTRONG June, Langholm, Dumfries & Galloway and Bannockburn
- BRODIE 12 – 14 September, Inverness
- BRUCE 23 – 27 June, Dunfermline, Fife
- CAMPBELL 16 July, Inverary, Argyll
- DOUGLAS 30 June – 6 July, Aberdour, Bothwell, Lochleven and Tantallon
- FARQUHARSON 12 – 17 August, Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire
- HANNAY 31 May, Wigtonshire, Dumfries & Galloway
- JOHNSTONE Date TBC, Bowhill, Scottish Borders
- KENNEDY 27 June, Culzean Castle, Ayrshire
- LINDSAY 6 September, Stirling
- LOCKHART 27 July, Dunsyre, Lanarkshire
- MACALPINE Date TBC, Kilmartin, Argyll
- MACAULAY 28 July, Stirling
- MACDONALD Date TBC, Isle of Skye and Lochaber (Traditional Chief’s Finlaggan Tour)
- MACGREGOR 11 – 20 July, Stirling
- MACLEOD 19 – 26 July, Dunvegan Castle, Isle of Skye (Clan Parliament)
- MACNAB 18 – 20 July, Lochearnhead, Perthshire
- MACNEIL Mid-summer, Isle of Barra
- MACPHERSON Early August, Newtonmore, Highlands
- MATHESON 18 – 23 July, Ross-shire
- MOFFAT 28 – 29 June, Moffat, Dumfries & Galloway
- MUNRO 26 – 27 July, Ferindonald, Ross-shire
- NAPIER Late June, Scottish Borders
- OGILVIE August, Cortachy Castle, Angus
- ROBERTSON Late June, Blair Atholl, Perthshire
- ROUTLEDGE 28 – 30 June, Bannockburn
- SCOTT Date TBC, Bowhill, Scottish Borders
- STRACHAN 11 April, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- SUTHERLAND Date TBC, Sutherland
- URQUHART Late June/early July, The Black Isle, Highlands
If your clan gathering is not listed here, please contact VisitScotland and if you know of others that are happening, feel free to make a comment and let us know.
Scotland is beautiful!
Have a peek at the Scottish National Trail. Very apropos, for this being the Year of Natural Scotland.
I always get excited when a new video comes out promoting Scotland so here you go with a new clip, just out yesterday from VisitScotland.
“Brought to you by VisitScotland in association with Historic Scotland and the National Trust for Scotland this app contains around 1,000 attractions, activities, places to eat and drink and offers so you can enjoy great days out across Scotland.” iTunes